- This event has passed.
Adult & Child Imms Training for Nurses
November 29 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
This Workshop is suitable for: Nurses
Learning Outcomes / Workshop Objectives
This Immunisation Training Workshop aims to cover the core curriculum areas as specified within the National Minimum Standards and by the end of the course the candidate should feel equipped to deliver safe and effective immunisations with a high standard of care, whilst following national and local policies and schedules.
• Principles of vaccination
• Current UK immunisation schedule
• At risk individuals and those of unknown vaccination status or from overseas
• How the immune system works
• Current vaccine preventable disease
• Different types of vaccine and how they work
• Injection technique
• Consent and working with parents with discussion on potential side effects including anaphylaxis (brief update)
• Cold chain, storage and supply of vaccinations
• Legal aspects of vaccination
The Training Directory includes a host of training courses both provided by the NHS and private providers, while those provided by the NHS subscribed to NHS standards and are Free, many of the privately provided courses are not Free and the ICB and Primary Care Training Hub are not in a position to endorse or verify the quality of those courses, but wishes to make this information available within the Directory for users to make their own choices.
For further information and if you would like to book a place click here