The Training Directory includes a host of training courses both provided by the NHS and private providers, while those provided by the NHS subscribed to NHS standards and are Free, many of the privately provided courses are not Free and the ICB and Primary Care Training Hub are not in a position to endorse or verify the quality of those courses, but wishes to make this information available within the Directory for users to make their own choices.
6th February 2024 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm£55 – £100
Suitable for: Managers and staff responsible for COSHH documentation.
Under the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (CoSHH Regulations), a CoSHH risk assessment is required by law for any substances that are hazardous to health. This training will ensure you are aware of what items fall under these regulations and how to effectively manage the associated risks.
Aims & Objectives
Understand everyone’s roles responsibilities in relation to CoSHH
- To understand the various types of hazardous chemicals, the variation in effects and the different entry points into the body
- To understand what is required as part of a CoSHH assessment, who needs to be involved and where this is stored
- By the end of this session candidates should be able to:
- Confidently articulate the hazards presented by the chemicals used in their workplace.
- Successfully navigate templates
- Be able to make a decision on which chemicals should be used for which tasks and the other safety precautions to take.
- Create CoSHH assessments to ensure compliance with legislation.