The Training Directory includes a host of training courses both provided by the NHS and private providers, while those provided by the NHS subscribed to NHS standards and are Free, many of the privately provided courses are not Free and the ICB and Primary Care Training Hub are not in a position to endorse or verify the quality of those courses, but wishes to make this information available within the Directory for users to make their own choices.
- This event has passed.
Introduction to the Menopause (2 days)
September 14 @ 9:30 am - 3:30 pm£195 – £240
This training takes place over 2 days, 14th & 28th September 2023. Candidates are expected to attend both days in order to receive a Certificate of Attendance.
This workshop is suitable for: GPs, Nurses and other trained Health Care Professionals.
• To help raise awareness of developments in and up to date information about the menopause and years around
• Knowledge of all treatment options available
• Enable discussion of all options with clients
• To help general menopausal consultations and history taking
• Specific development in skills of delivering the repeat prescription scenario
• Feel confident in giving appropriate advice
• Understand the importance of a good referral pathway when required
• Allows discussion of relevant practice problems and their solutions
Day 1 – Agenda
• Introduction and assessment of needs for the day (A short knowledge check)
• Physiology and definitions, Menopause symptoms, what do we need to ask? Templates and such
• Hormonal and non-hormonal treatment of menopause symptoms
• Continuation of morning treatments, Diet, Lifestyle and Exercise, Complementary therapies
Day 2 – Agenda
• Review of Day 1 and practice tasks and particularly medications
• Women with special needs
• Contraceptive options for peri-menopausal women
• The older woman
• Lots of case studies
• Review of competencies and ways forward
“Excellent course that I would highly recommend to colleagues”
“Throughout the whole course the presenter provided a relaxed environment enabling participants to feel comfortable to ask questions at any time”