- This event has passed.
Primary Care Academy Virtual MDT Clinical Supervision Programme
September 19 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
South West Primary Care Academy
Virtual MDT Clinical Supervision Programme
Thursday 19th September 2023 & Tuesday 26th September 2023: 09.00-12.00
The Primary Care Academy would like to invite you to a two-session, Multi Professional Supervision course.
This programme aims to introduce some of the additional roles in primary care, including what skills they have to offer the primary care workforce by equipping Supervisors with the skills to be confident in clinical supervision of other health professionals in the Primary Care setting.
There will be an opportunity to hear from practitioners already working within the primary care setting about their day-to-day work, as well as an over-view of their training, competencies and clinical supervision needed. Practical steps regarding how to supervise the clinical work of other health professionals will be discussed, including how their work may be structured and what their competency frameworks are. There will be a focus on learning styles and feedback models and how these can impact clinical supervision. Communication tools such as SBAR and RSVP that can be utilised to facilitate effective communication between healthcare professionals will be discussed.
Aim: To provide a training programme for Clinical Supervisors of other healthcare professionals working in the primary care setting.
- To have an understanding of the new roles for other health professionals in primary care and consider what their strengths and weaknesses may be so that clinical supervision can be suitably focused:
- Physician associates
- Practice based pharmacists
- First contact physiotherapists
- To consider how learning styles impact upon clinical supervision
- To develop skills for delivering feedback in the clinical environment
- To be able to identify and utilise communication tools such as SBAR when communicating with other health professionals in the primary care setting so that the process of clinical supervision can be enhanced
Please see below dates for this course:
|Session 1||Tuesday 19th September 2023
|Session 2||Tuesday 26th September 2023
|Facilitators: Dr Harpreet Sandhu|
To register your interest for this event, please complete the MS Form by clicking on the link below. Please ensure that you have completed the form by Tuesday 15th August 2023:
Please check out the Primary Care Academy website: Primary Care Academy | South West England (swpca.org.uk)
Questions about the event or the Primary Care Academy should be sent to: PrimaryCareAcademy.SW@hee.nhs.uk