The Training Directory includes a host of training courses both provided by the NHS and private providers, while those provided by the NHS subscribed to NHS standards and are Free, many of the privately provided courses are not Free and the ICB and Primary Care Training Hub are not in a position to endorse or verify the quality of those courses, but wishes to make this information available within the Directory for users to make their own choices.
- This event has passed.
Understanding Medical Terminology
November 8 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm£55 – £100
This workshop is suitable for: Non-Clinical Staff
An understanding of medical terminology is essential for non-clinical staff working in General Practice.
This session has been specifically designed for all non-clinical staff who encounter medical terminology in the course of their work e.g. Admin Staff, Receptionists, HCAs.
Aims & Objectives
By the end of this session Candidates be able to decipher medical terms and abbreviations and understand how words are formed.
Candidates will have increased their knowledge of medical terminology.
- Why do we need medical terminology
- A fundamental understanding of the body structure and systems
- Medical terminology – component parts – prefixes, root words, suffixes
- Commonly used prefixes, roots words, suffixes
- Commonly used abbreviations and medical symbols
- Terminology associated with various diseases
- Terminology associated with Gynaecology and Cardiology
This interactive session will include group discussion of scenarios and sharing experiences