Your local NHS England team are holding three events designed to enable you to implement Group consultations in your practice. Free training events are being held in Bristol, Gloucester and Swindon soon. You can attend any of the three events whichever ICB / ICS you are part of. Events include lunch and networking time. These events are similar to those run during Spring 2019. If you previously attended, you’re still welcome to send more members of your practice team, which 100% of previous delegates said were helpful.
If you can answer yes to any of the following, group consultations could significantly help your practice
- Are there patients in your practice you feel could be managed better?
- Do you have patients that you would like to enable to take more ownership of their health?
- Do you find yourself repeating the same consultation with multiple patients each week?
- Do you like the idea of a significant saving on your time which is also helpful to and popular with patients?
Interested and want to find out more?
There is a good and growing evidence base that group consultations (shared medical appointments, not education sessions) are clinically efficacious, very popular with patients and can make huge savings to clinicians’ time.
The workshop will include:
- A session to help you understand the context, governance and model of group consultations – and experience them yourself.
- Two clinician sessions with Dr Rupa Joshi, GP in Reading and Debbie Pinnell, Lead Nurse at Brockworth Surgery in Gloucester. Rupa and Debbie will talk about their own different experiences of setting up and running group consultations in their practices and the impact they’ve already seen.
- Lunch and networking time
Our invitation: Preparation of a plan for your practice
It takes a practice team to implement group consultations. We are therefore inviting practice teams rather than individuals to attend: this is usually a minimum of three practice members and a maximum of 5. It’s essential that you include a GP, a practice or business manager and another team member who will be supporting delivery – this could be a clinician such as another doctor, a nurse or pharmacist, someone in your practice who would be great at facilitating sessions or a reception manager who will help implementation. We don’t want small practices to miss out – you may be able to buddy up with another practice to deliver this exciting model. We’ll be challenging you to make a plan during the session!
Our intention is that we can enable peer support via these sessions, and so we will follow up with you after the event.
To book your place, please email your local GP Forward View team at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions or would like to find out more, please email and the team and we’ll come back to you.
Thursday 13.02.20, 10.00-15.00, Hatherley Manor. Down Hatherley Lane, Gloucester, GL2 9QA https://hatherleymanor.com/. Please book your place by 30.01.20
Wednesday 04.03.20, 10.00-15.00, Double Tree by Hilton, Swindon. Lydiard Fields, Great Western Way, Swindon SN5 8UZ https://www.hilton.com/en/doubletree/ Please book your place by 19.02.20
Thursday 05.03.20, 10.00-15.00, Holiday Inn, Filton. Filton Road, Hambrook, Bristol BS16 1QX https://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/gb/en/bristol/brsfr/hoteldetail Please book your place by 20.02.20
We are excited to let you know that we have been working with the Training Hubs who will be delivering bespoke facilitator training to enable your implementation of group consultations further. Events will be held on 19th March, 2nd April and 30th April 2020.