- Are you interested in a portfolio career, or adding more variety to your working week?
- Do you have an idea for a project but just don’t have the time during the day job?
- Would you like to develop your skills and experience, and support primary care in Gloucestershire at the same time?
The Gloucestershire Primary Care Training Hub (GPCTH) has funding for a further two Training Hub GP fellowships, for two sessions per week for 12 months. These are available to GPs at any stage of their career, however priority will be given to those 2 years or more beyond completion of GP training (as support and fellowships are on offer to those who are newly qualified already). The GPCTH will support fellows to develop their projects, provide a fellowship advisor for additional educational and pastoral support as needed, alongside the peer support of other fellows and staff working with the PCTH.
The two sessions per week can be worked flexibly to fit around your working week and personal commitments. The sessions are funded at the GP educator rate of GP00-GP01 as per the guidance at GP educator pay scale 2020 to 2021 – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) (£9057-£9434 per session, depending on experience, with on costs to be paid in addition). CPD to be agreed and funded up to £1000 per fellow (£500 per session).
The content of the fellowship is for you to decide, although support can be offered as needed to shape your project. Consider how the fellowship will benefit you in your career, and be of benefit to the wider primary care system and ICS. For example:
- Do you wish to develop a clinical interest?
- Are you interested in developing a leadership role?
- Have you noticed an area for development within your practice(s)/PCN or wider ICS?
- Do you have an interest in population health management?
- Do you have an interest in medical education?
- Is there something completely different you wish to develop, if so tell us!
Further fellowship options and applicant guidance can be found here
Role description and person specification can be found here
For an informal chat about the fellowships, or to discuss possible ideas please email Dr Laura Halden on email@example.com. Please submit a short proposal of your idea, making reference to how you will fill the allotted 2 sessions worth of time, how this will aid personal development and how this will be of benefit to primary care, by Monday 22nd February. Again please submit via email to Laura Halden (firstname.lastname@example.org). Virtual interviews will be held on Thursday 25th February, although the date could be flexible to fit around a candidate by mutual agreement.