Would you like to develop a portfolio career? Do you have an interest in gastroenterology? If the answer to these questions is ‘yes’, this role could be perfect for you.
We are currently recruiting innovative and enthusiastic GPs across the southwest to join an exciting new programme aimed at developing GPwER in gastroenterology.
We are offering a 12-month training programme to support the development of several GPwER in gastroenterology across the southwest. As part of this initiative, we are recruiting a GP to begin training at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital, beginning in January 2023. You do not need any prior gastroenterology training to be eligible for this role. Gastroenterologist Dr Hash Kriel will be your local clinical supervisor and you will work alongside him in outpatient clinic for 1 session per week learning to consult patients with general gastrointestinal presentations in a supervised and supported environment. Alongside this ‘on-the-job’ training, we will provide an educational programme to support your learning, with a monthly education session, and guided independent study. We aim to build an active community of like-minded GPwER in gastroenterology across the South-West sharing experiences, training, resources, and innovation. The wider aim of the programme is to develop GPwER working across primary and secondary care in innovative roles supporting gastroenterology waiting lists and pathways, whilst creating rewarding and interesting careers.
What we are looking for
Successful applicants will be:
- Qualified GPs, or GPs due to complete training by early 2023
- Keen to learn and develop their skills and knowledge in gastroenterology
- Collaborative individuals who want to be part of a wider network of GPwER sharing ideas and innovation across the region
- Comfortable supplementing their clinic experience through self-directed learning
- Enthusiastic and forward-thinking GPs
- 12-month programme with a commitment from the trust to continue funding for a further year after this initial training year
- 1.5 sessions per week (Sessional rate: £10,000)
- The training programme will be delivered online, and you will need to be available on a Wednesday afternoon (half-day) once a month for a live learning event including teaching sessions delivered by specialists in gastroenterology and case-based discussions.
- The clinical/hospital-based session will be flexible around the availability of the GP and gastroenterology trainer
- No prior gastroenterology training is required
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your motivation for applying for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to discuss the role further, please contact Charlie Andrews (lead GP for the SW GPwER programme) at email@example.com. The closing date for applications is 09/12/22.